Friday, June 29, 2012

Helping hand

I have recently had surgery to a severed tendon in my left foot. Benjamin has been extra helpful since I'm suppose to be mainly sitting. Tonight my mom was really sleepy and I couldn't sleep so I asked Ben if he wanted to watch cartoons in my bed. He was super excited about staying up late so he happily agreed.
After about ten minutes he looked at me and said, "Momma lets get a snack. I need you to work the microwave but I'll get the drinks and the pizza."
He ran and got my crutches and with a big smile said," I'll help you. We will be really careful. I won't let you fall down the stairs." Of course I said yes because he was being so nice. It took us a little while to get to the kitchen but once we did he got busy opened the fridge and got a coke and two slices of pizza. He then asked me if I would please heat up the pizza. While I was heating up the pizza he got a Walmart bag a put the coke and chips in the bag. When the pizza was done he said,"you can carry the bag and use your crutches while I carry the pizza. That way you won't have to spill anything."
I'm amazed how sweet and smart my barely four year old can be. Right now he's cuddled up next to me asking if I need anything. I am truly blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment