Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Second day tears

From the title I'm sure most people thought the tears were Ben's but actually they were mine

Since Ben was three he has always wanted to ride the school bus. I remember when he did tumblebus in pre k he would come home and tell me he wished he could ride it somewhere.

I was hoping he would let me take him to and from school since I'm now staying at home. At least for a month or so. As soon as he got in the car yesterday he reminded me that he really wanted to ride the bus. One of his best friend got to get on the bus and Ben did not want to miss out today.

So first thing this morning I got him a bus number and I'm going to let him try the bus out. I tried to make a compromise and asked if he could ride in the morning and let me pick him up in the afternoon. Ben said, "mom ill see you as soon as I get home. Please let me ride."

I know he will do great because most of the kids on his bus are young and it's only a 15 min ride. The bus actually gets to my house earlier than I got home from carpool (I wAs in the line 45 min yesterday.) He will get picked up a little after 7 which is when we leave in the morning.

As I was driving home it hit me that he is growing up so fast. I know he is very independent so I'm learning to step back a little more everyday. I will definitely savor every snuggle and every bedtime story.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment