Thursday, July 5, 2012

Be nice to your tummy

We have been trying to teach Ben to eat healthier food and to be appreciative of the food that he has on his plate. Tonight we had chinese. We gave Ben sweet n sour chicken, an apple and some carrots. He said, "Yummy this looks really good. And you gave me good ice water. Just what I wanted.  Thanks Mom!" (Dont worry he's not always this polite. He's just really smart and knows if he's nice he might get a cookie for dessert) . I thought it was a little over the top but Im just glad he wasn't complaining about dinner. I said,  "Your welcome Ben." He ate most of it and then said, "Mom I'm getting full so I'm stopping now. 

I of course ate way to much beef and broccoli.  I said, "Ben, I should have stopped eating when you did. I ate way to much food." Ben came over patted my stomach and said, "Mom you have to be nice to your tummy and then it will be nice to you. When you eat to much it's not happy and then your not happy." I told him thanks for the good advice and promised to follow his advice next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment