Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Talk of Heaven

Tonight as I was putting Ben to bed he looked at me and said, " Mom I will be really sad if you die." I explained that no one knows when they will die but I hope I can live a long time to see him get big. He thought about this for a moment and said, "well, when you do die you'll wait in Heaven for me right?" He was being very serious so I was trying to give the best answer I could. We talked for a while and I told him I would wait for him in Heaven but I hoped he would live a long time.

We changed the subject to something else then right before I left he said, " we should have a meeting place when we get there because I want to see you when I get there." Of course I'm almost in tears now because he's being so sweet. I know he's a little small to understand the whole concept of heaven and he really wanted to have a meeting place so I told him maybe there would be a big pond and I'll wait there.

This seemed to make him happy so he closed his eyes and told me goodnight.
He amazes everyday with his conversations. I know he will do great things one day. He is truly a blessing.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment