Thursday, July 26, 2012

:( sad face at school

Benjamin comes home every day with a progress report that gives him a happy or sad face. It also tells if he took a nap and if he ate his lunch. Michael and I have tried for the past year to really reinforce the whole if you get in trouble at school you get in trouble at home. This really has helped and he often goes a month at a time without getting a sad face.

Last week was the first sad face in a long time. He knows that he does not get any candy or treats that day and that he gets a pop or other punishment. That day he only got one pop (which he later said was a happy pop because it didn't hurt) Michael explained to him that he was only getting one because he had been really good for a long time but the next sad face would get a bigger punishment.

Well today he got another sad face for acting out and not listening. He got three pops and he also had to write his name for ten minutes. Later that evening he had to pick up pine cones. When I got home he showed me his names that he wrote. He also said, "momma I'm going to be really good tomorrow because I miss my cartoons."

I know some people may think we are hard on him but he really is smart and he knows how to be good. He helps me clean, picks up his toys, says yes mam and no mam, and does what he's told (most of the time).

Now he's taking a bath playing with his toys. He said, "Mom today has been a good day. I liked picking up pine cones it was fun." He can make anything fun with his imagination:)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a happy face day.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I wish I had a dollar for every day I was bad at school. Sometimes it is the smartest children who are bad because they are just bored out of their minds. I do not think you are too hard on Ben. He'll be a great student later for it.

    ReplyDelete