Saturday, July 14, 2012

worried about mom

Last night Ben was suppose to spend the night with Pookie and Pop but after I called to check on him at 530 he decided he wanted to come home. He got here about six and we all visited for awhile.

That night we were watching a cartoon in my bed because Michael was still at work moving into his new office. I asked Ben why he decided to come home because he has never asked to come home before today. He said, "Well Mom, I like Pop and Pookie but I was worried about you because you haven't felt good lately and I knew Daddy would be moving at work and I didn't want you to miss me. Plus this way I can help you if you need help with your foot." I told him that I appreciated his concern and I really like having him around but that I'm ok by myself when he's having a spend the night somewhere. He said, "Oh ok. Well you can always call if you change your mind next time I'm spending the night and you miss me and I'll come home."

I'm so thankful he is such a sweet boy. When I mentioned that I had a headache last night. He grabbed my hand and said, "Let me pray for your head mom. God Please help my mom's headache. She is  a nice momma and I want her head to feel better. Amen." This made me smile because I've been trying to  teach him the importance of prayer and this is the first time that he's brought up a spontaneous prayer on  his own that wasn't led by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment